Not long ago I posted about going to court to see opening arguments for "my" case.
Last Thursday morning, the OAG announced a settlement in that case of $158 million dollars. :)
It's strange to me, because even though I hadn't been working, this case was still in litigation and thus I still felt like I had my finger in the legal profession. While I plan to keep my law license up-to-date, this case settling closed the door to that world just a little farther.
This settlement was long since coming. My old boss told me that she spent SIX AND A HALF YEARS working on nothing but this case. Makes my 3 years of service to the case seem like nothing.
I am proud of my work on this case. I think there were aspects of the pharmaceutical world that the general population needed to know. And the way this settlement played out, the OAG was able to deliver almost their entire case to the jury (and thus to the media) before the settlement. As I caught up with the media on the trial, I saw the outrage in reporters and readers that we felt all along. So the story is out there AND the State of Texas will recover money they spent unnecessarily on a drug that was not as great as advertised.
I know at least one, if not two, books will be written about this trial. They will never become best sellers, but I am so glad I was able to contribute to (hopefully) making this world a more transparent place to live.
And so closes the door on a huge chapter of my life.
10, 8, 6, 4
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment