Sunday, March 6, 2011

Solid foods: NOT a hit

Drew has been giving us some signs that he is ready to start solids.  For instance, he desperately wants to hold his own bottle when we are feeding him.  The other day when there was about an ounce left I went ahead and let him, and he ended up a mess.  But he was pretty proud of himself.



Our pediatrician told us to hold off starting cereal until 5 months unless he was acting hungry after he finished his bottle.  Well, he was acting pretty hungry, so Saturday night we decided to give rice cereal a run for the money.  It was NOT a hit.  At all.

[This is where I spent 2 days trying to upload a video to the blog and it never worked.  Sorry.  It was quite funny.  Here is a picture of the second or third try of rice cereal.  It still wasn't a hit that day, either.  This picture was taken between the screams.  He really isn't happy.]


On another note, I LOVE having friends with kids around my age.  At 1:30 on Saturday morning I posted "my son has reverted to newborn" on facebook.  46 SECONDS later I had a response (Hi Courtney!).  Made my entire night.

1 comment:

Courtney Squillante said...

Ha! I feel ya sister! I think I cried this morning when I realized Jay only woke up once last night! Woot Woot! :)