For about the last month Drew has been a MARATHON sleeper. On the craziest of days he was taking 3 2-hour naps in addition to his 11 to 12 hour nightly sleep! I was googling "How much sleep does a 4 month old need?" and the numbers were coming in much, much lower. I figured he was just going through the world's longest growth spurt or was trying to fill up the sleep bank that Rob and I deprived him of for the first 3 months of his life.
Well, as of last night the need for sleep was OVER. He slept fine until 9:30PM, and then he proceeded to wake up EVERY HOUR from then on out. Rob was out of town, so I was doing the trek up and down the stairs each hour alone. At 1:30 I finally came to my senses and brought Drew back to the pack and play that is still up in our room. If I was going to get up hourly I was going to take as few steps as possible.
About 3:30, I came to realizing I was hearing him. But he wasn't crying. Oh no. He was going through every vocal sound his little vocal chords can make. Vowels, consonants, cooing, laughing, and his newest favorite, gargling. It was quite cute, but I wasn't sure 3:30AM was the time for this! I let him talk for awhile, then stuck the paci back into his mouth and he went back to sleep.
Until 5:30, when he remembered how much fun he was having at 3:30 and started right back where he left off. I let him talk until 6, when I got up to feed him.
Outside of the poor timing, last night was precious. But I do hope he decides that he wants to sleep tonight!
10, 8, 6, 4
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment