Since last March, I've spent an awful lot of time in doctors offices. I went at least once a month while I was pregnant. Then there was the pricey delivery and hospital stay. Then the Drew started visiting his pediatrician with alarming frequency thanks to reflux. I worry we may one day bankrupt Blue Cross Blue Shield.
Enter another doctor.
At Drew's 4 month appointment, after telling us that he really could go through the night without eating at this point and chatting with us about reflux and solids and other things, our fabulous pediatrician says "Now, let's talk about his head."
His head.
Remember when I mentioned that the last doctor who saw him (not his normal doctor) told me he needed more tummy time and we started tummy time bootcamp? Well, his head was looking a touch.... flat.
So we spent the last month doing lots of tummy time and other activities that kept him off his head and it's still flat. :( I'm doing my absolute best not to feel like it's somehow my fault.
So we have now been referred to a craniofacial surgeon at Dell Children's Hospital to take a look at his head and growth plates and see why this is happening. Our doctor was quick to tell us that she had seen much worse cases that she referred out and everything was FINE, but that this was our window to correct anything that was wrong and she really felt we should be sure everything was ok.
But still. CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON.
We go to the doctor on the 8th. I would appreciate thoughts and prayers and any advice you have on creating a beautiful round head between now and then.
10, 8, 6, 4
6 years ago
1 comment:
You are not alone! Both of mine got the "flat head" warning at 4 months, and the 2nd time around, I was even more vigilant NOT to get it! It's inevitable with the back to sleep campaign. Don't worry! Sit him up with the boppy, the bumbo, the "circle of neglect" activity center. I just used those constantly after the "head" warnings. Drew is precious and I love your blog! You are a great mommy! :)
Post a Comment