Monday, March 21, 2011

5 Months?!


Dear Drew,

Where is the time going?  I cannot believe you are 5 months old.  (Do I say that every month?)

This last month has been nothing short of amazing.  We moved you upstairs to your own room and started pushing you to go through the night with no food.  You took that pretty quickly and now go about 11 hours overnight without eating.  You have slept through the night a couple of times, but you tend to wake up at least once and cry until someone comes and puts your paci back in your mouth.


Like Father, Like Son

We started you on cereal about 1/2 way through this month.  You did not love it at first, but it didn't take long.  You figured out the "chewing" and swallowing, and now really seem to love to eat.  You will sit in your high chair and strain against the restraints trying to get your little mouth on that spoon.  I have read that one thing a parent can do is give the kid their own spoon when they try to start reaching for the spoon they are feeding you with.  I think we may be there in the next week.  You get 4 8-ounce bottles a day, plus a pretty big serving of cereal.  I think we may be starting some other foods in the next week.



You haven't hit any huge milestones this month, but I have watched small things get more refined every day.  You now reach for different things with both hands at the same time (it used to be that you only had the ability to reach for one thing at one time).  If I hold you on my lap in front of a table or desk, you begin to hit it with your hands.  If you sit in front of a plate of food, your hand is in that food.



A few days before your 5 month birthday you were wearing socks with red toes and sitting in your bumbo (which you seem to like again) and I guess the red attracted you, because from then on you have been grabbing at your toes whenever they are in reach.  It is really quite cute.


Still love your puppy!

Like most babies, eve.ry.thing. goes directly into your mouth.  Or you attempt to put it in your mouth.  You are still working on things that small, and quite a few things go into your eye, and not your mouth, but you seem quite pleased with yourself nonetheless.  You are reaching out and trying to hold your bottle when I feed you, and on occasion you have directed the bottle right into your eye. 



First Attempt at Self Feeding

Our biggest thing this month was worrying about your head.  After a scare from the pediatrican, the craniofacial surgeon said you were just fine and we were to keep you off your head as much as possible.  So you spend a lot of time standing these days!



Drew, you have been an absolute joy this month.  You have such a good time just giggling and laughing with me.  You like your newly-formed schedule (and so does your mama!).

Yes, we still enjoy dressing you up
We cannot wait to see what is yet to come.

Love,
Mom and Dad



(The outtakes)





Ok mom, I sat still for 60 pictures.  This is 61.  I'm out.

1 comment:

The Bridges Family said...

Lindsey, I can't believe how he is becoming a little man already! I'm so glad that the rice cereal and sleeping are getting better. He is an absolute doll and I can't wait for our boys to get together!