I want you all to know that I compose about 4 blog post daily-- in my head. Only a few of them make it to "paper." Here are bits and pieces of some of the most recent ones, in list form.
1. I left Ellie in the church nursery the other day while I had my MOPS leadership meeting. It was a spur of the moment decision, so I didn't have things organized the way I normally would have. When I came back to pick her up they informed me that when they went through the diaper bag the diapers they found were a little big, but it was all they could find in the moment. After they got it on her they found hers and realized she was wearing one of Drew's size 4s. I'm pretty sure I could have changed her a week later and it would have been fine.
2. I've taken to bribing myself to exercise. About three weeks after I gave birth people kept telling me "you look great!" Music to a new mother's ears. Problem is my kiddo will be 3 months old on Thursday and weight loss stalled about the 4 week mark. So the new rules- NO coffee unless I run/walk in the morning first. And NO wine at night unless I do some sort of ab workout during the day. Problem is none of these "rules" prevent me from picking at the pan of brownies on the counter like I have been doing all day.
3. Ellie needs to move upstairs to sleep. She's just too aware of her surroundings now, and will wake up when Rob and I come in our room to get ready for bed. I have no idea how that will work with Drew being upstairs. We could be in for some long nights ahead.
4. I'm stumped on potty training. Drew totally gets it. He can make himself pee on command (ALL boy!). He wants to use the potty. I actually went and bought a jar of M&M's to use as rewards for when he uses the potty, and I think he has the type of personality that will transition easily with the M&M reward (the kid dropped the paci and went to whole milk with no problems at all). I'm just not sure I'm ready to do it. I know once I start I can't go back. There will never be a good time, will there?
These are the days of [my] [life]. Exciting, yes?
10, 8, 6, 4
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment