Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Snapshots

- I am pretty sure my name is now "no mama" instead of just "mama"

- we had 2 crimes of opportunity that did not go over well with my 21 month old. I was feeding Ellie, so he decided that would be a great time to swipe my wallet from the table. When he did that, he put the 3 ritz crackers he was holding on the floor, and Sophie saw that as her chance and moved in. His frustration led us to have a little chat about hitting the dog and the word "mine."

- since Ellie will need the high chair in a month or so, I need to transition Drew out of it. I preferred him in there because it gave me a spot to put him where I knew he was stuck, but now he can Houdini his way out and I have found him standing in it on multiple occasions. So we sat him at the big table and he pushed the entire table away, uninterested in dinner. Then he put his feet on the table. Out of frustration, we turned his chair around, facing the window. He thought that was great, and now only wants to sit in his chair and look at cars. Fail.

- the best one? Yesterday my kids played together! Sneak peek at what is to come. He was kicking a ball to her (us). I held her under the arms and swung her so she "kicked" it back. They were both dying from laughing. It made me very very happy!

1 comment:

the blogivers said...

I guess I'm glad Davis and I had to bail yesterday so it gave the kiddos the opportunity to play together :) Although we would have much rather been hanging out with y'all than bored at home being sick!