Saturday, July 14, 2012

Six.

Six years ago today a young, clueless baby [me] walked down the aisle to a slightly older clueless baby [Rob] and said "I do."

Like all couples who have never before wed, we had no idea what we were getting into.

Looking back there are 1000 things I didn't consider when I decided Rob was "the one." Luckily not one of those things has come back to bite me because, thankfully, my 23 years of wisdom, good examples and common sense told me exactly what I needed to know- our hearts were in the same place and we valued the same things. I couldn't predict what issues would (and will) arise in our marriage, but I can predict EXACTLY how Rob will react to them when they do. And that knowledge allows us to conquer everything-- as a team.

Happy "iron" anniversary to the other half of my heart. I am so happy to call you my husband.

2 comments:

the blogivers said...

Happy anniversary to you guys!!!

Side note: our weddings were only 22 days apart!

Other side note: does that mean you got married on a Friday?

Courtney Squillante said...

Happy anniversary! It's a great day to have an anny!! :)