Monday, June 25, 2012

Pinterest Pressure (and potty training!)



Back in the day it was peer pressure. But since my "peers" these days are two under two and one on four legs, I am not quite feeling it anymore.

But Pinterest... Oh my. It's like a glimpse into all the mothering that other people are doing that is better than what I am doing (Dear PBS, I love you.)

A while back I started pinning ideas for the summer. Last summer Drew was content to sit on a blanket and stare at his toys. Occasionally we would go for a walk. As he got bigger we got involved in more things which was great until EVERYTHING took a summer break. So my pinterest ideas were going to fill the time.

That is why I sat my son down with a pan of jello, a toddler knife, a cookie cutter and some penne pasta and let him go to town. Totally entertained him for 20-30 minutes. Win.

I write this from atop the toilet seat where I am supervising an impromptu bath to remove the jello. Thus making the total time for this activity over an hour. TOTAL WIN.

Update- I had to stop posting because my kiddo told me he needed to poop, so we went ahead and did that on t potty. Since we don't have a baby book, I need to note that here. :)

No comments: