Monday, April 11, 2011

Let's Get [a] Physical

This has been a week of big adult things over here in the Callegari household.

The first time I got sick in Austin, I called the closest place and made an appointment with the first doctor with an opening.  I left that appointment really not loving the doctor and thinking I would probably end up with a WORSE illness than I came in with-- the place just reminded me of an ER.

And since I can get pink eye and strep throat faster than any adult in history, I had a need for doctors several other times.  And I kept going back to the same place just because it was easy.

So now that I have a little more time to plan things, I decided to do some research, find a great doc and go visit him/her while I WASN'T sick, so I would have a place to go when I was.  So I did that this week.  Loved the doctor, got a physical, and found out that I'm Vitamin D deficient.  Otherwise, I'm doing good.

I also made an appointment in June to visit at dermatologist and begin yearly skin inspections to watch for melanoma.  (Can anyone tell me why it takes like a week to get into a normal doctor, but for any dermatologist you have to wait like 3 months?  I have NEVER been able to get in to see a dermatologist during the same month I call).

And then last night Rob and I sat down and wrote a will, a Durable Power of Attorney and are working on a Medical Power of Attorney.  It was a depressing conversation to have, but now we know everything will be take care of for Drew and any future kiddos. 

So I guess doing all of these things willingly and proactively makes me a real adult?

No comments: