(Alternative Title: Chatty Cathy)
My sweet, darling, precious son has decided that the PERFECT wake up time is sometime between 4 and 5 AM. He has been testing his new wake up schedule all week, and it must be working for him because he continues to do it.
But because my son is nothing if not aware of his parents need to sleep (ha!), instead of crying when he wakes up he just lays there and TALKS to himself. One morning Rob and I listened to him talk and squeal for an hour. He seems perfectly happy to lay there awake and talking.
The logical thing for me would be to say "well, he's not unhappy. I'll just leave him and go back to sleep." Problem is I am also a morning person, and once I wake up, I'm up. So Drew and I are spending a lot of early morning hours together these days. I'm sure I'll look back and love these moments, just the two of us, together, while it is still dark outside. But right now I just REALLY need a nap.
10, 8, 6, 4
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment