I have an amazing ability to get diseases most common in the PK-5th grade set. I have been tremendously lucky not to have any major medical issues EVER, but it does crack me up that even at 27 I still get strep throat and pink eye with some regularity.
I got them so frequently when I was a kid that I could tell my mom I had either of these two issues, she could call my "pediatrician" (in quotes because I'm pretty sure if I still lived in Houston I might still be seeing him), Dr. Thaller, and without even seeing me he would call in a prescription to the pharmacy. It was an ideal set up for someone who got strep or pink eye at least 6 times a year.
How I wished for Dr. Thaller when I woke up this morning with my left eye glued shut. It would have made life so easy to not have to go to the doctor and just get the medicine, but Dr. O'Brien doesn't know me as well as I knew myself. Even once I was in her office she told me there was a good chance it could be allergies. Ha. One quick look had her scrubbing her hands and prescribing an antibiotic ointment.
Now I'm stuck in glasses for the next several days-- the glasses that were never to be seen outside of my house. If I didn't think I could do significant damage driving sans glasses, I might let vanity take over. But for now, it's glasses for me.
10, 8, 6, 4
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment