We had a great Easter around the Callegari household. I think it was the first holiday where Drew was actually alert and interested in the holiday festivities. As proof:
We started out our weekend by attending the Good Friday service at Lake Hills Church. Great service! The service started at 7 (Drew's bedtime), so the nursery was accepting a lot of sleepy babies that night. We came back to find the light in the nursery turned out and babies asleep in swings, bouncy chairs, and being held by caregivers in rocking chairs. But then there was Drew, sitting in the middle of the mat on the floor with a caregiver playing with a toy. Seriously, the only one still up. And thus began "The Weekend Drew Decided Not To Sleep." He went down that night but woke up at 3. And pretty much was up from them on.
Saturday was a lazy day spent preparing food for Easter. Mom (who doubles as a preschool music teacher) really wanted to see her grandson participate in Gymboree, so we went to a Level 2 class on Saturday. Since it was "The Weekend Drew Decided Not To Sleep" he was tired and irritable and spit up on some of the equipment, which I'm sure they just love.
Saturday night mom and dad watched Drew while Rob and I went on a much needed date. We enjoyed our evening and then our early morning when our son decided that really 4AM was a great time to wake up.
Sunday we woke up and I started working on my pièce de résistance for Easter Dinner- the
Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Rolls. They were delicious, but QUITE messy.
Drew opened his basket, and proceeded to attempt to eat the contents, even though none of it was edible.
I set the table and laid out the spread.
Once I got settled, I turned in to the paparazzi. Drew did what he does best- put things in his mouth, attempt to rip people's facial features off, and be carted around by doting grandparents.
What fun we had! Happy Easter from Drew and the rest of us!
1 comment:
Sounds like a great Easter to me! I was admittedly a little bummed that Davis didn't show up in time - not that he would have understood or appreciated the holiday, but it still would have been fun :)
Post a Comment