Monday, January 3, 2011

New Boss!

As of today, I have a brand spanking new boss.  He is pretty demanding (He needed me from 3-6:30 this morning!!), but he is pretty cute.  Check him out in his new executive chair!


Exactly 3 years after I started, my time at the Attorney General's office came to an end last Friday.  I will miss my time there dearly.  As I told so many, it is strange to walk away from a job where you honestly can say you love your boss, your co-workers, and what you do day-to-day.  I had been working on the same case since the moment I started (yes, only one.  It was that big) and I hate not seeing it to completion.

But I am thrilled to have the time (and the financial ability) to take this time to be with my family.  As I left my office with my boxes and my diplomas on Friday, I had several (female) co-workers tell me they totally supported me and that I would never get this time back.  It was so nice to hear and have that kind of support.

I will probably re-enter the workforce one day, but I'm not set on when or in what capacity yet.  I'm just going to see what opportunities arise and when the time seems right.  But for now it's just me and Drewbie, taking on the world.

Now I just need to find a spot for my diploma and my law license....

1 comment:

Courtney Squillante said...

Congrats!!! What a fantastic feeling!! Being a SAHM is the best!!!! :)