As I mentioned on here a couple of times, Drew's umbilical cord hung on for dear life. Most kids lose it 1-2 weeks after birth. Not Drew-- he kept it until 9 weeks, and only lost it then because Rob pulled it off (I was there- it didn't hurt him). So we got to start the whole "bathing in a bathtub" thing later than most. Everyone told me he would probably take some time to get used to the idea, since he was getting in so late.
I think it's fair to say he at least tolerates the bath. He has never cried in the tub, but has yet to smile in it, either. He SCREAMS when I take him out, though, which I totally understand. That is the worst part of a bath/shower- getting into the cold air when you are nice and warm.
Because our only bathtub is upstairs, D is now spending a lot more time in his room. He loves the mobile mom and I painted for him, and I think he likes his crib. Now if we could just get him to sleeping through the night I would be ready to put him up there for good!
10, 8, 6, 4
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment