Tuesday, November 2, 2010

When Drew Met Sophie

The hardest part about being in the hospital having Drew was being away from Sophie.  She gets incredibly anxious when we pack bags, and the morning he was born we both packed a bag and ran out of there pretty quick.  I have no doubt she was confused.  My parents stayed in the house while we were in the hospital and said she was just looking for us the whole time.

Anyway, I was very happy to leave that hospital and get home to her.

Mom photographed the homecoming.






I read somewhere that when you bring a new baby home, you should bring the dog gifts, so the dog associates the baby with presents.  So I did, but Sophie could have cared less.

Sophie is getting better and better with Drew every day.  The first night she came RUNNING into our room any time he made a peep.  The next night she came about 1/2 the time.  Now that she realizes he is going to cry basically all night, she stays right on her comfy (and relatively quiet) bed in the living room.  Smart dog.

1 comment:

the blogivers said...

I hope my dogs adjust that quickly! But since they are both kind of mentally handicapped, I'm keeping my expectations low :)