Monday, November 15, 2010

The Baby Whisperer

I didn't read ANY books about pregnancy or child rearing while I was pregnant.  I didn't have the desire early on, and I thought eventually I would have some strong desire to read the entire "Parenting" section of Barnes and Nobles, just like I had a strong desire to clean out every. last. inch. of my kitchen.  That never happened (well, the Barnes and Nobles part.  Rob did come home to find me laying on my side at 36 weeks pregnant trying to clean the very back of the bottom shelf under the stove).

Then Drew was born and no one was sleeping and I figured we had to do something.  Here was the problem.  Dinners were spent like this:


If I was slow on a bottle, I was met with this:



It wasn't a good way to live.

Then Candace suggested reading "The Baby Whisperer" and by golly, it WORKED.  Last night when he was crying after being fed and hanging out for a little while, I scooped him up and put in him his bed in a dark room and the kid went RIGHT TO SLEEP.  Rob and I celebrated with brownies with ice cream on top.

Moral of the story: Read one book.  It might save you 4 weeks of completely sleepless nights.

No comments: