We are home, and so happy about it. The routine of home has changed some, but its so nice to be out of that tiny hospital room!!
We came home Wednesday afternoon, and since that point Drew has been on a couple of car trips:
1. Thursday- Special Addition (maternity/nursing store)
2. Friday- Dr. Dudley's office
3. Saturday- Dr. Dudley's on- call doctors office
Yes, we got to go to the doctor back-to-back days. Drew lost 1 pound between birth and Friday morning (14% of his body weight) and was in the 5th percentile for weight. Not good. So we came home with some formula and instructions to come back the next day to weigh him. The good news was he gained 5 oz literally overnight.
And the two broken "rules":
1. No paci for 3-4 weeks. The hospital gives little boys a paci when they are circumcised to keep their mind off things, and Rob promptly began giving it to Drew whenever he cries. So Rob broke that one.
2. No baby in the bed. Rob broke this one, too. He is having a hard time waking up in the middle of the night, and rather than walk with Drew around the room to soothe him to sleep, he prefers to cuddle him in bed. Which results in me having to wake them both up to get the baby from Rob and put him back in bed.
And I'm now a fully initiated parent! I took Drew back to the doctors office alone today. Once we got there the 14 ounces of formula Drew had in the last few hours, um... came out. So before they stripped him down to weight him I tried to change his diaper. In the process of that he chose to relieve himself again.... all over the paper that covers the exam table. So I move him out of his own mess and he does it a THIRD time. What a giant mess, especially to be in alone. I went through the entire supply of wipes that I keep in my diaper bag. He also managed to mess up his clothes, and I didn't have a change of clothes, so he left in a diaper and a longhorn hat, covered in a blanket. Of course it would be on my first trip alone with the baby that all hell breaks loose!
No comments:
Post a Comment