Friday, May 11, 2012

Ellie- One Month



Precious Ellie,

You are (over) one month old!  It is amazing how quickly the time has gone.



You are so very much like your brother.  I'm told you look alike (just like your daddy), although we are confused because you look very much like me as a baby.  So who knows what you will turn out looking like.  Right now you have olive skin (that won't change) and dark hair, so you resemble me more.  But Drew had dark hair when he was born, then it all fell out and came back blonde.  Your slate grey eyes are turning bluer now, so maybe they will stay that way.  You DEFINITELY have my fingers.  Your grandmother always says the first things she noticed when I was born was how long my fingers were.  It was the first thing I noticed about you as well.



You are a string bean just like your brother.  You are in the 75% for height, and the 25% for weight.  This causes all of your dresses to be mini-dresses and the bloomers slide right off.  I may have to invest in some leggings for you.

Not a fan of the big bow.
You will tolerate this one....


Our biggest accomplishment this month is keeping you from being squished by your brother.  Ellie, he adores you.  When he says your name it comes out more like "Ella," but he has "sister" down pretty well and will call you that.  If you are laying on the floor on a blanket, he will cuddle up next to you and tell you night-night.  He can scale the side of your pack-n-play so he can peak in on you.  He happily shares cups of water, pacifiers, and whatever else he has.  However, he has no concept of "gentle" or "don't touch her head."  So I do a lot of protecting you.  But I love seeing how much he loves you.



You fell right into our routine, as I am told second children tend to do.  We all wake up at 7- you included.  Even if you aren't hungry right then, you start to stir and come sit with us in the kitchen while we get your brother breakfast.  You will kick out and really SLEEP if you are in your bed in my room, but otherwise you are mostly awake.  So I have been lucky enough to be able to put you and Drew down at the same time twice a day, and you will usually sleep.  So I get 2-3 hours a day where I can do stuff around the house.  Thank you, love. 

You also sleep very well in MY bed.  My spot, specifically.


We've taken you to sit-down restaurants, church, MOPS and bible study-- places we didn't even ATTEMPT with Drew for months.  Last week I changed your diaper right as the sermon started, carried you in to the sanctuary, and you sat awake and listened to the ENTIRE sermon on Esther without so much as a peep.  I was impressed- your dad, however, sat on the edge of his seat the entire time, nervous that we would have to run from the room at any moment.

First Outing. Mexican Food. Naturally.


Sophie shows almost no interest in you and wasn't phased at all when we brought you home from the hospital.  I think she knows your brother and his crackers are her meal ticket, so she doesn't bother keeping up with you yet, but I'm sure the time is coming.  I do think she is used to that particular "infant cry" again.  The first couple of weeks we would find her in Drew's room every morning, presumably trying to get away from the cry.  But last night she got up with me to make bottles and feed you every time.  I bet it doesn't take long for a bond to develop there.

Anneliese Corrinne, we love you.  We can't wait to watch you grow up!

Mom and Dad

1 comment:

The Bridges Family said...

This is so precious - she is beautiful and looks like she has fit in so naturally. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!