Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Drew isms

Conversation from today:

D: "down!" (point at Ellie's crib)
L: "You want me to put Ellie down?"
D: "Yes." "Up."
L: "You want me to pick you up?"
D: "Yes." "apple"
L: "you want an apple?"
D: (big smile, nodding) "Yes!"
L: "I am glad we had this conversation!"

And in other, less endearing moments, he crawled on the dining room table to get to Ellie in her bouncy seat. When I told him to get down, he hid behind the the infant car seat which was also up there. And looked sheepish when I "found" him and made him get down.

In the bath he was using two toys and splashing water all over the place. I asked him to stop twice. We have a "three strikes and you are out" rule, so the third time I asked him to stop I touched his face and told him if he didn't stop I was going to take the toys away. He paused, sized me up, started grinning, and did exactly what he was doing, but vvvveeerrryyy slowly-- like I might not notice.

He lost the toys anyway.

And I laughed.

Stinker.

2 comments:

the blogivers said...

These little guys get away with murder!

P.S. Ellie's birth announcement is SO CUTE!

Courtney Squillante said...

PS- I have a post saved ready to publish called Jayisms! Ha! And Drew sounds so precious!!!!