Friday, March 9, 2012

Magical Mommy Moment

Drew has been working on turning on the CD player in his room for several weeks now. He quickly found the pause button and the volume (note: full power or go home), but until recently he still needed assistance turning it on. About a week ago he figured it out.

Last night he was in his room while I was running his bath, so he turned on his music and started dancing to the radio. The song was one I knew- it was from my middle or high school years. I couldn't remember the name of the song, but the words were tumbling out of my mouth. I scooped him up and we danced through the chorus .

The song? Mariah Carey's "Always Be My Baby." I realize her song wasn't about a toddler, but for a mom who is stressing about sharing her heart in 3-6 weeks, it was just perfect.

You, my child-- who likes to sit sit at the table with no booster seat, walk (instead of crawl) up and down steps, and prefers his chips dipped in salsa, no matter how hot-- will always be my baby.

2 comments:

the blogivers said...

Sweet post :) and Davis has those jammies, too! We need to play again before baby girl gets here... I'll email you soon!

Courtney Squillante said...

I love it!! And he WILL always be your baby! :)