Friday, December 2, 2011

To Do

1. Repaint office to become nursery.
2. Sew heavy drapes to drown out street noise in new nursery.
3. Put closet organizer in nursery closet.
4. Buy all manner of frilly pink clothes because we are having a girl!!

Yes indeed, I did manage to get myself into the doctors office before my December 5th date.  Impatience still reigns!

Baby girl was NOT cooperating yesterday.  I think, much like her mama, she insists on eating every couple of hours, and mama did not indulge her before the 7:30 am appointment.  We didn't get one single clear shot of her face- she kept her hands balled in fists around her face the entire time (before we knew she was a girl I joked that if it were a boy, I was enrolling him in boxing immediately).  If we tried to move one way, she moved the other.  And she was so squished into the side of my stomach (by her own choice- there is plenty of space in there) that when they switched it to 3D view it was like looking at a deformed alien.

BUT we were eventually able to get all the measurements they needed to know she looks great and is growing right on track.  And we made the lady check at THREE different points to confirm that she was a girl.... at least Peanut wasn't trying to hide that!

So though we know what we are having before the birth, I suppose the surprise is going to be what she looks like!

We can't wait to meet you, Ms. Peanut (name in the works!)

5 comments:

The Moutons said...

Big congratulations guys! We are so excited about your new blessing!!

These Lees said...

Hooray!! Congratulations! Girls are so much fun!! Can't wait to hear the name!

the blogivers said...

Congrats! Exciting that you will have one of each :)

Jason and Jenny said...

Congrats Lindsey! What a blessing!
Thanks for your support on my blog post as well. It was and is much needed.

Courtney Squillante said...

I TOTALLY missed this post!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!! How fun!! Eek!!