I spent a good hour today cleaning out Drew's room and removing all the baby stuff for his little sister. His early toys and books are all in a box in what will be her room once I figure out what to do with all the stuff that is currently in there. I moved all the grooming things (combs, brushes, nail clippers) to the bathroom, since I will need to be able to get to that stuff for both of them.
And then I sat on the floor with my boy, who brought me book after book to "read," then lost interest and walked away two pages in. I let him climb (literally) into my lap, and was shocked when he sat there rather than just using me as an obstacle course. In the last few days I have started seeing him try to express love/closeness. Yesterday I was carrying him around and kissing his cheek with a big "muah" each time. Then he started leaning his head into mine and saying "muah." He was giving me kisses. Aaaaannnnddd my heart melted.
I am so thrilled to have a sibling for him, but it's days like today when I wonder how there could ever be enough hours in the day to give each of them the attention they want and deserve. I know I will figure it out- people have been having multiple, well adjusted children for years, but right now it seems impossible. I guess Drew and I will sneak in as many "muahs" as possible between now and April.
10, 8, 6, 4
6 years ago
3 comments:
What a lucky boy Drew is to have you for his mom! This awareness will make you cherish each day with Drew all the more and when baby sister arrives, you will be able to schedule special time with each of them. And wait till you see the bond that the two of them develop. I know...I saw the same thing happen with my two...Lindsey and Travis!
I love this story! What a sweetie!
I am right there with you!! Someone once told me that when you add another kid you don't have to divide your heart/love to cover both of them- your heart just gets bigger to love both!
Post a Comment