We had our 34 week appointment yesterday. Dr. Meritt said everything was looking good and Drew was measuring "about 5 lbs." (How she can tell that with a tape measure I will never know.) Since I'm not having any major issues or Braxton-Hicks contractions right now she is still estimating his arrival at his due date of November 6th. I was hoping for something more along the lines of October 16th (37 weeks exactly). Rob and I were 3 and 2 weeks early, respectively, and I'm afraid I have convinced myself that trait is genetic and there is no way our child makes it to 40 weeks. I probably need to stop thinking that way ASAP.
Conversation from this morning:
L: It's October! Our baby could be born in October!!
R: (Face runs through a gamut of emotions including shock, panic and horror) Let's let him wait until November.
If I'm going this crazy on October 1, I'm going to be certifiable by November 1....
The good news is the kitchen and 1/2 bath remodel starts next week, so that should take my mind of the fact that I'm both gaining weight and losing sleep at an incredible pace. This pregnancy hasn't been bad in the least, but I'm ready to meet this little man!
10, 8, 6, 4
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment