Saturday, June 16, 2012

2 Months!



Sweet E, you are two months old!

You bring a new picture to the word "string bean."  At your two  month check you were in the 90th percentile for height.... and the 15th for weight.  No wonder all your dresses are mini skirts!  The doctor said you were tracking well and definitely knew what direction my voice was coming from.  The only one not doing so well was me.... apparently I hold you in my left arm so much (so I can mess with your brother and do things with my dominate right hand) that your head is getting a little misshapen. What IS it with my kids and head shapes?

Your brother thinks you hung the moon.  If I don't take you up there with me when I go get him up, he asks for you and I have to come get you.  He wants you in his crib, where he will cover you with a blanket and kiss you on the head.  Precious.  I'm not sure if he is getting gentler, you are getting bigger, or I am more trusting, but I am letting him get closer and closer to you without fear of a trip to the ER.

I love this picture- I wish your brother wasn't sick!

You are an incredibly easy baby, and for that I am very very thankful.  You have been going to church and bible study with me from week 3.  If we want to go out to eat or take Drew somewhere (like the zoo), we just load you up and you come with us with no complaints.  You have been to Houston twice (once where I was alone driving you, Drew and Sophie)-- road trips don't seem to phase you either.

You attended a baby shower.  You would have preferred this iced sugar cookie bottle over your own, I assure you.


Your 7-9 witching hour has turned into a bedtime.  By 7:30 you are ready to be put down and left alone.  You usually spit your pacifier out a couple of times and we have to come in and give it back once or twice, but then you are out.  Your dad and I are enjoying eating dinner with both hands again.  Last night (10 weeks, 1 day) you slept from 9:30 to 4:15.  If we could get to where we fed you at 10:30 and 5:30 I would be so very happy.  We are getting there.

We just moved you to a level 3 bottle nipple, which I think is technically for 6 month olds.  You just weren't eating and it seemed to me like you were getting bored before you finished anything.  You were already at a 2, so I just decided to try the three and knew we would stop immediately if it looked like you were having any trouble.  From that point on you have been finishing 4 ounces at almost every feeding with no trouble.  I think this change will help with both sleep and weight gain.

Playdate!  Pretty easy at this age....


You are doing well with head strength and look like you might be getting close to rolling over.  I catch you flipped to your side pretty often, so one more little push and you are going to be on your stomach.  You love to smile when you are being entertained (which is a need more and more often now).



We love you, Elle belle.  Couldn't imagine our lives without you!

No comments: