Ok, I found myself in a pickle with no time to make a decision.... Wondered what others would do.
D and I finished grocery shopping at HEB when an employee asked if we were going right or left out the doors. I told her right, and she said there was a large bee hive with swarming bees in one of the trees to the right- she would walk out with me to show me where it was.
As luck would have it, my super close parking spot was right under what was a huge beehive with a black swarm of angry bees. I have a baby and 7 bags of groceries that need to go in my car before I can leave. Now what?
The employee offers to watch my cart (with D in it) so I can jump in my car and bring it to the doors to load and not risk D getting stung (this woman had been).
So what would you have done? Risk yourself and your child? Leave baby with a stranger on the curb? Some other option i didn't think quick enough to come up with? I will report back later with what I did. :)
10, 8, 6, 4
6 years ago
3 comments:
Oh my gosh!
Hmm... I would probably ask the lady to move my car. I mean, surely, being super pregnant with a 1 year old in tow would make it seem less imposing, right?
Or, knowing me, I would call my husband in a panic to come pick us up and make him deal with it. Haha!
That is a tough one! Totally depends on what kind of vibes I was getting from the employee... if she seemed like a creeper I would have just told her I was fine and I guess tried to load everyone in the car as fast as possible! Interested to hear what you did...
I'm not gonna lie- I'm so trusting of people- I would have left Jay with the person (as long as they weren't creepy). They would be in sight since you were so close and you had your phone in case of emergency! :) But that is me... Anxious to read other replies!!
Post a Comment