Sunday, April 22, 2012

Runway

I need a short runway.

I figured that out in the shower the other day. I don't make unresearched decisions, but once I set my mind on something I am quick to make a plan and to carry it out. I don't dawdle. If the plan doesn't work, I chart a new course and try again. But I am not one to need a lot of hand holding.

Rob took a week off when Ellie was born, and then my mom stayed last week. And as much as I loved having their help, I am anxious to figure out how I am going to make my life work. Maybe this "runway" into being a mom of two kids has been too long.

Tomorrow I am on my own. Rob is nearby and can come home if I drown, but I won't. I will set a plan and if it doesn't work, I will try something new on Tuesday. My kids will be fed and changed. If all works out, I may even get a shower. Someone might not be attended to as quickly as they would like, but no one is going to die.

I am not the first person to have two kids.

I can do this.




Right?

:)

2 comments:

the blogivers said...

Yes, you can do this! And then whenever I get pregnant with #2 (God willing!), I will come to you and make you tell me how to do it :)

Courtney Squillante said...

PS- this is EXACTLY how I felt!!! I had so many people offer help, but I wanted/needed to know I could do it!! You will do great!!!!!!