I think I have mentioned this before, but it has been close to impossible to tell when a "first" happens for Drew. Do you count the time he moved one hand and one knee before he fell on his stomach as a "crawl?" Do you count it as "sleeping through the night" if he woke up at 5:30, or does "night" end at 6am?
But on Saturday, September 3rd, Drew walked. The kid didn't start with one or two steps, which might have made it hard to tell. He took 6. He was just standing in the hall holding some non-toy (cell phone? remote? wireless mouse? I can't remember) and I encouraged him to come to me, and he did. Granted he only moved about 2 feet in those six steps. But they were legitimate steps.
So then I decided to bribe him with food. I brought him downstairs, put a goldfish on the ottoman at the end of our bed, plopped him down on his feet, and watched him take 4-6 steps to get it. Several times. The problem with the bribery method is he was so excited about the goldfish that he would try to move faster than his legs could take him, fall on his hands, and crawl to the goldfish.
The good news is he continued the trick on Sunday when Rob was home to see it, so I have backup on my claims. Sunday we watched him cruise around the furniture in the living room, let go, take a couple of steps to another piece, and continue on. No coaxing or goldfish necessary.
I think my life has just change dramatically yet again, but I'm too excited to care. :)
10, 8, 6, 4
5 years ago
1 comment:
Yay, Drew! That is SO exciting!!
Post a Comment