The Scene: Valentine's Night, after a delicious dinner of ribeye steak with the Pioneer Woman's blue cheese sauce, Rob's take on the Pioneer Woman's Creamed Spinach (he added Parmesan cheese) and a baked potato, with a chocolate chip cookie covered Oreo (yes, you read that right) for dessert.
[Note: I do have a picture of said meal. I considered including it, but I decided just the description was embarrassing enough. It was bad. But please do know we don't eat like that on a normal day.]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rob: Happy Valentine's Day.
Lindsey: Ughhhhh.
Rob: Hard to believe this is our 8th one together.
Lindsey: Gluhhhhhhh
Rob: Lindsey, you are the sunshine in my days and my happiness at night. *
Lindsey: Ohhhhhhhhhggggg.
Rob: You may the birds sing and **.... is everything ok?
Lindsey: Fat. Dinner- fat. Baby weight- fat. Must. Lose. Fat.
(Mindless Chatter)
Rob: Want to do something extreme? Let's go vegan for two weeks.
Lindsey: (Thinking about a recent Oprah episode on being a Vegan) You're on.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
So that's how we got today, the first day of my vegan-for-three-weeks diet (Rob is joining me for the last two weeks, but some work obligations would make it hard for him to do this week).
Why Vegan versus vegetarian? Well, for me, it has to do with the three C's- Carbs, Chocolate and Cheese. All of which are perfectly acceptable on a vegetarian diet. I could have mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese and a roll for dinner and not have strayed from the "diet" at all. And, well, that sort of meal would sort of defeat the purpose.
The goal here is to jump start my metabolism, get out of my comfort zone with foods (you should SEE my shopping list this week- totally different) and see what cutting back on all that junk will do for me. I doubt Rob and I will ever leave our steak-and-cheese-loving ways behind, but I could see us trying to eat vegan a couple of days a week if this goes well.
I will, of course, keep you informed as to how this goes. If I don't post for awhile, you might look for me at the nearest steakhouse.
* Or something like that. I was in a food coma-- I can't exactly remember.
** Yeah, actually, I'm pretty sure that isn't right. Just go with it.
10, 8, 6, 4
6 years ago
1 comment:
oh this is too funny. you crack me up!
we thought felicity had a dairy allergy, so I went dairy-free for about 2 weeks...and i was definitely throwing myself daily pity parties. but i probably lost a few pounds! once we figured out it was just a virus, I started loading up on dairy like no one's business!
Good luck going vegan! maybe you will love it!
Post a Comment