It's been a long time since I put pen to paper (or hands to keyboard, as it may be). It's been a quiet week around here since we were dealing with subarctic temps yet again. Drew and I spent the week hibernating. So here are some random thoughts.
1. It only took me 3 months and 3 weeks to figure out my child, but he has been a DOLL this entire week. He has been eating much better and taking more naps and going to sleep earlier and that combo seems to be working with him. He is the smiliest, happiest, chattiest baby when he is awake. And every so often we catch a laugh, and it just brings a smile to my face. He has reverted to waking up a couple of times a night (what's that all about?), but he goes back down really easily, so I won't complain.
2. We went to visit our CPA this morning to look at our 2010 taxes. Traditionally I have been the accountant in our house, thanks to South Texas College of Law requiring each and every student to take Federal Income Tax, but between a new dependent, tax credits for energy efficient appliances, and Rob buying and selling stock, I decided our taxes moved out of my league. So the whole family went to the CPA, and there I was, standing and bouncing a baby on my hip while wearing heels and answering questions about amortizing points and such. Guess I should get used to that.
(Foreshadowing? Yup.)
3. The rage in home blogs right now is stenciling walls, and I wanted to get in on that action. I started stenciling our TINY bathroom downstairs, and got half way through before Rob told me that he felt like he fell down the rabbit hole and might end up dizzy if he visited that room for any length of time. And honestly, he could be right. I think I know what I'm going to do to fix it. Check back for an update on the psychedelic bathroom.
Wow, seriously quiet week, huh? I am volunteering tomorrow for JLA and then we may go look at cars and then install some elfa shelving in a tiny closet. How domestic are we? But I'm looking forward to a low-key weekend!
Have a good one!
10, 8, 6, 4
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment