So my newest bad since D was born is online shopping in the middle of the night. Stores send their "Sale" emails about 3:30 or 4 in the morning (I guess in the hopes it will be at the top of your email box when you wake up the next morning?). But when you are a new mom you may routinely find yourself up and on your iPhone at 3:30 or 4 and can watch these emails roll in. Early bird gets the worm, and there were some great sales to be found before the rest of America woke up, had a cup of coffee, and went e-shopping.
One day when Drew was about 4 months old I got an email from PiperLime indicating they were having a _% off sale (can't remember now). I had been considering some of those toning shoes for awhile, and decided this was just the time to do it. So I went online, found my color, and ordered them (yes, I have my credit card number memorized). Rob was none too happy when I told him about my purchase the next morning seeing as a pair of the same shoes just arrived at his office to be a Christmas present for me. Whoops.
But sometimes you find a need in the middle of the night and just need it to be addressed. We recently moved Drew upstairs into his big boy crib. We also took the precious crib bumpers my mother made out of the crib (following the SIDS rules) and left his crib bare. And many times when I would go up to check on him I would find him with his little feet sticking out of the slats on the front side of the crib. I have no idea how he turned 90 degrees from the way we put him in the crib (he never did that downstairs in the pack and play!). He could get his feet out and never seemed bothered by it, but it bugged me. So I went on Amazon, checked out the colors of the breathable crib bumpers, and purchased a white one. At about 1:30 in the morning.
I must be an e-retailers dream.....
10, 8, 6, 4
6 years ago

1 comment:
Ha! I'm always on the internet on my phone at that time for that same reason. But, I don't have an iPhone, so luckily my internet is too slow for me to tolerate making an actual purchase.
And, we are totally bummed about the crib bumpers as well. Our green mesh, breathable bumper is not nearly as attractive as the beautiful custom ones we had made. Oh well!
Post a Comment