Monday, December 27, 2010

Santa Claus and Other Christmas Shenanigans

First off, pictures with Santa are bloody expensive- at least they are at the Domain.  $24.95 for ONE SHOT?  But of course I paid it, because I had to have the picture.

It's not even that great of a shot.  The first several he had the pacifier, and at this point the pacifier takes up 1/2 his face, so I didn't like those.  I figured we would have limited time before he started crying after we took it away, and I was right.  This is the picture where he realizes his pacifier has been taken away.  All the rest of the shots were of his screaming.  At least Santa looks happy.

(Note: Santa did not ask Drew what he wanted for Christmas.  I was all ready to tell him that what Drew really wanted was to sleep through the night).

Christmas with a baby, even one that wasn't really aware of what was going on, was lots of fun.  Both grandmothers swore they "weren't doing too much" and then we opened about 8 presents from each of them.  He got some precious stuff, though.  I think next year he will be right in the middle of "the-box-is-better-than-what-is-inside" phase, so it could be a pretty cheap Christmas for us all!

I (Lindsey) didn't have a bad Christmas, either!  Rob was tired of listening to me complain about my iPhone and figured if he was going to buy a new one, it should go under the tree, so I got an iPhone, and a matching iPad (THAT was a complete surprise).  Vicki gifted us with a DSLR camera (better pictures to come) and mom gave me some great "pampering" things (make up, Clearsonic Mia) and money to continue the pampering.  It was a lovely holiday!

Rob is off of work this week, so I have big plans to get things done around here and be able to run some errands baby-free.  We have basically had two whole weeks all together-- that must be some sort of record!

No comments: