I think most mamas would agree that God gives us 9 months to prepare for all the change that comes with having a child. He isn't going to just leave us out there high and dry! And now that the baby is here, I can look back and see the things that I was being prepared for. I don't think it's a coincidence that in the third trimester sleep becomes miserable and happens less and less. Its preparation for the first 3 months!
Here are some I'm not sure God intended, but seem to be working for me anyway:
1. In the hospital, I lost all shred of dignity. I'm pretty sure that was to prepare me for being spit up, peed and pooped on in the coming months.
2. God blessed my child with a built in detector for food. The minute I sit down with a plate, he needs me. Maybe this is God's way of helping me lose the baby weight?
3. All the money you didn't spend in the last nine months, because you didn't want to invest a small fortune in maternity clothes? Dollars saved for diapers!
4. Thick, luscious hair due to pregnancy hormones? Something you can feel good about when your body looks like a deflated balloon and the scale still reads numbers WAY above where it should!
5. Inability to do certain things (like clean the baseboards) in late pregnancy? That's to prepare you for the idea that your house probably won't be that clean for a few years.
6. Baby crying every couple of hours keeping you from running all the errands that you used to? Well, I think God does that to show you that yes, indeed, you can find money in the budget for a college fund.
So thanks, God, for all the things that you intended to prepare us for during pregnancy, and all those other things that you may or may not have intended.
10, 8, 6, 4
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment