Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Imma shoot straight with you

I have a difficult child.

I love him dearly. His smile lights up my life and he is so fun to figure out.

But he is difficult. "Can you come take him?" is commonly heard around our house. We are still dealing with reflux issues and he is only eating about 3 ounces at a time, which means 8 times a day we feed him, and 8 times a day we get crying fits.

Everyone tells me once a baby weighs __ pounds (10-12, depending on who is talking) he will sleep through the night. Drew is a little over 11 pounds, and there is NO WAY he is sleeping through the night anytime soon.

So why do I put such a Debbie Downer post on my blog? Well, I have never heard anyone in the moment say they have a difficult child. Once the kids are older people tend to look back and say it (just this weekend Rob's mom called him the worst baby ever), but in the moment it is all sunshine and roses and cooing babies. I sincerely hope all of my friends have the easiest, happiest children ever, but if you don't, you are not alone.

1 comment:

Courtney Squillante said...

I have one girlfriend who went through that and two others that are currently dealing with that right now! And I don't know who made up the 10-12 lb rule but it's not true for most babies- just a few lucky ones!! :) Hang in there- a tough baby is supposed to mean an easy toddler! ;)