Precious, loving, smelly, wild, charming, goofy boy, you are TWO!!
I can't even get over how much fun you are. You legitimately talk to me now.... I can ask you about things you did yesterday or at school and you can understand the question and give me a correct answer. You probably speak in 4-5 word sentences, but I counted one 8 word sentence today.
Your favorite things to do are exactly what your mama and daddy are doing. You are a parrot and a monkey and we really have to watch what we do now. You love to get your stool and stand up on the other side of the kitchen and "cook" with me. I give you a skillet or bowl and a spoon and all our dinner scraps and you mix up some interesting concoctions. Carrot ends and white cheddar cheez-its, anyone? You would rather take a shower our shower a lot of days, and I've been known to let you jump in with me when your dad is out of town and I need a way to prevent you from breaking stuff while I get clean. It works for both of us.
Your eating is actually regressing, but the doctor told me that was normal. You used to have things that were slam dunks no matter what. Now you will eat it one day, and not the next. You have 0 interest in actually consuming a vegetable in its normal form, but I can give you the veggie squeezie packs to get those nutrients in your diet. I can already see me packing Happy Tot packs in your lunchbox for high school.
Speaking of school, you LOVE it. We moved you up a class, to the young twos, so you are the youngest kid in there, but you seem to be holding your own just fine. You will be the oldest in your grade when you start elementary school, but for right now I love what you are learning from the kids that are older than you.
Your favorite things right now are cars, balls, animals (Elephants are your absolute favorite) and dinosaurs. You really love to sit and "read" books. We have realized you are an auditory learner when you started "reading" books to us and mostly getting it correct.
Most importantly, Drew, you are an amazing brother. You really love your sister (though I am starting to see you being more annoyed when she reaches for your stuff). You like to "hep" her put her paci back in, get the toys she throws from her high chair, and make her laugh (which actually means you stand in front of her and just start laughing). We have a ton of fun watching you together.
Drew, I have no idea how to tell you how much we love you, how proud we are of you, and how much we enjoy laughing over the things you do/stuff you say after you go to bed. Our lives are happier every day simply because you are in them.
Much, much love,
Mom and Dad
10, 8, 6, 4
5 years ago
1 comment:
Sweet post :) happy belated birthday, little man!
P.S. We missed you guys today! Hope everyone gets some sleep tonight!
Post a Comment