After some fairly constant nagging (Hi, Mom! Hi, Rob!), I'm back to give you a (mostly) photo journey through Drew's birthday party.
We just used a fall theme- browns, yellows and burnt orange. This was a nod to Rob's original request for a birthday party theme- Bevo. We did the party on Sunday afternoon, which worked out well because a lot of out of town friends and family were in for the football game the day before and many stopped by before they headed home. Uncle T even "swung by" Austin on the way back to Houston from Dallas where he had been Saturday for a wedding. That's dedication.
Please ignore the fact that I look rather large in these pictures- apparently I "popped" the Friday before his birthday. :(
 |
| Love this chalkboard! |
 |
| Yes, I had to make the birthday banner. |
 |
| Beer that almost no one drank (see note about many people driving back to their hometowns). |
 |
| GIANT Costco Cupcakes |
 |
| Favors! Goldfish and play dough for the little ones, iced cookies for the grown ups. |
 |
| Despite the fact that Drew's hand is down my dress, I think this is the best family picture we got that day. |
 |
| Drew's friend Sloane. She sat there like a lady-- he tried to poker her and/or pull out her bow. |
 |
| Before. |
 |
| He needed some encouragement. |
 |
| But just a little. |
 |
| "It's good!" he declared. |
 |
| "Try some, mom" |
 |
| Since I banned face/cake smashing at our wedding, Rob took this opportunity to seize the day. |
 |
| I had to find out what he thought about vanilla. |
 |
| Hard to tell which he enjoyed more. |
 |
| Obviously all birthday parties involve a mid-party bath. |
 |
| And then present unwrapping in his skivvies. |
It was a GREAT day. We are so lucky that our friends and family could come share the day with us. More later on his actual birth-day!
No comments:
Post a Comment