This post is about me, not Drew, believe it or not.
As Drew gets closer to a year old, I realize he isn't the only one who has "grown up" this year. Becoming a mother has done so much for me and my priorities. And I am so thankful that I learned this lesson at 28 rather than 58.
I have always been a "do-er." I signed up, I volunteered. I was especially flattered if someone asked me specifically to do something. My answer was ALWAYS yes.
And then came along this wee little man- who grew like a weed and quickly became one of my greatest sources of entertainment. He was a great source of entertainment for his daddy, too. I got to where I loved the part in the day where Rob came home and played with his son and I could sit back and just watch them. Problem was all the things I had said "yes" to took me away from this special hour of the day. Meetings, happy hours, events.
And then the most simple, most profound thing hit me- "only do what you WANT to do, Lindsey."
Huh.
I'm not giving up everything-- mama has to stay sane somehow-- but I am thinking everything over and learning how to gracefully say no to the things that aren't as high on my priority list.
Because really, the very best "happy hour" happens at my house, anyway.
10, 8, 6, 4
5 years ago
1 comment:
Love this!
Post a Comment