Drew, you are 11 months (ok, at this point 11.5 months) old! And you are a man on the MOVE, which means when your mama has a break from chasing you around the house, she lays down and takes a nap. :)
The biggest thing that happened between 10 and 11 months were your first steps, which quickly turned into walking all over the place. It's funny, I definitely see a difference in your ability to walk depending on the time of day. You have much more control the earlier in the day and/or if you just woke up from a nap. Generally you start off walking wherever you want to go. When and if you fall, you just crawl the rest of the way.
You suddenly also have the memory of an elephant. If you do something once and enjoy it, you want to do it over and over again. I made the mistake of letting you pull on the cord and turn the light on the fan earlier this month. We cannot pass under a fan without you trying to climb me now.
You seem to be developing a neat-nick gene. You spend hours taking blocks out of your tub and putting them back in. You have also determined that your wood blocks make a satisfying "clang" going into the metal trashcan, so you enjoy that greatly.
Your "elephant memory" also now extends to food. You used to eat everything. It was great. Now you remember that some foods are better than others, and show your displeasure at certain foods by tossing them over your tray and/or trying to hide them in your lap (which your dog truly enjoys). I am now getting you kids meals with more and more frequency when we go out, which is hard to imagine. You really do eat quite a bit and (quite frankly) I got tired of ordering only foods that I could share with you. Sometimes mama needs her own food!
You watch PBS in the morning while you have breakfast. Usually we hit the 8:00 Curious George and 8:30 Cat in the Hat. I'll tell you a secret- I think your dad likes Curious George more than you do. I've caught him watching it in the bedroom when we aren't even in there. You love the theme song for the Cat in the Hat and will dance along with it. Your dad and I die laughing every time you do it.
Oh, you now have a "lovie." It was a gift when you were born, but you have recently decided it is the greatest thing. If I leave it in your crib after your nap you will reach through the slats for it. You have also been known to carry it around in your teeth.
Your sleep schedule is generally the same- you wake up about 6:30, nap around 9:30 and 2, and head to bed between 6:30 and 7. I would still love to push your bedtime back 30 minutes or so, on the off chance your morning wake up time would shift back about 30 minutes, but you are a pistol at 6:30 and I can't bring myself to try to keep you up.
Ok, now for some stats:
- you have 7 teeth
- you can wear 9 month clothes if they are shorts, but pants are too short. I suspect you still fall in the "stringbean" category on the growth chart- tall and skinny
- you get bathed every day, thanks to your new found mobility. You like the bath. You do not like getting dressed after your bath
- You have a bottle in the morning, followed by "second breakfast" (usually a waffle and some fruit) and sometimes "third breakfast" (cheerios while we go on a walk). After you nap we usually have lunch around 11 (turkey, goldfish, fruit), then a snack (cheese) and dinner around 5. Your favorite dinners are leftovers from what mom and dad have- you enjoy flavor and are not at all deterred by spice. Then another bottle before you hit the sack.
Love you bub!
No comments:
Post a Comment