I have two things I want to vent on today- and it's my blog, so I can do that.
1. This story about Michelle Obama's cheeseburger/fry/milk shake/diet coke lunch.
I have two issues with this. First, it's not news. Facebook, the reigning king of "Things People Broadcast that Isn't Really News" doesn't even have this type of nitpicky detail about people. There are lots of people in the world who don't have clean water. Or places to sleep. Write about that. I know the idea is Michelle Obama has this "healthy living" campaign, and that is why this lunch is newsworthy. Which brings me to my second point. Perhaps she has one cheat day a week/month/year. Perhaps she just ran a marathon on the White House treadmill. Perhaps the First Family was planning a 7 mile walk that evening to catch up. I don't know. Let the lady eat her lunch.
That bugs me almost as much as this story, where Mrs. Obama was criticized for wearing modest shorts. On family vacation. To the Grand Canyon. Because one should wear what to the Grand Canyon?
2. This story about a restaurant who no longer allows children under 6 in the dining room.
This comes after kids are kicked out of first class on certain airlines. I can't say I blame the restaurateur- I know I've seen unruly kids in restaurants. A few lacks parents can ruin it for all of us, and I suppose it's easier to spot the six and under crowd than the "I don't care to discipline my kids" crowd.
I'll put my soapbox up now.
10, 8, 6, 4
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment