We started the weekend on Friday afternoon when we went to Vicki's to celebrate Austin's graduation from Westlake. Rob's grandparents, aunts, uncles and some cousins were in town to celebrate, so we got to enjoy some good time visiting with them. The graduation wasn't until 8:30 at night (!!), so Drew and I left after the dinner to come home and put him in bed.
Saturday morning was a first for Drew- attending his first birthday party! Our dear friend Sam(antha) turned one and had a farming party, complete with tiny pony and petting zoo! Needless to say, Drew was in overdrive that day.
Rob met us at the party, and I decided it wasn't fair to make Drew wait to go to the petting zoo, so we went in ahead of time. I sat Drew on the ground and the chickens and bunnies came to visit. As did this guy.
Once the party was over (and naps were had all around), Drew and I went downtown to the Omni Hotel for another first- SWIMMING! Auntie Melanie was in town for Memorial Day and wanted to see the little man, so we headed down there. The pool at the Omni is on the roof and is a lot like being in Vegas. Drew was the only person there under legal drinking age (and our group was the only one not filled with silicone). All the adults were just standing in the pool, holding a beverage and chatting. I am sure I was getting some looks, but I didn't notice because I was too busy dealing with a squirming baby and wrestling a diaper bag. Which probably made me all the more obvious. But the bartenders up there brought me glass after glass of sno-cone ice, which D loved, and he really enjoyed the pool. We will have to do it again soon-- but someplace more child friendly!
Monday needs some background, so it's coming soon. Now I will leave you with a precious picture of my farmer baby....


1 comment:
Hey, I'm a WHS grad - go Chaps! :)
And has anyone told you lately how cute Drew is? Because he is REALLY cute!
Post a Comment