What a great day it was!!
I started off with a run in my new running shoes. (Sidenote- the salesman was quite impressed that he brought me 8 different pairs of shoes to try on and I chose the most expensive ones without having any inkling they were the most expensive. Story of my life.) I felt like I was running on a cloud that was immersed in a swimming pool, since the shoes fix the cushioning problem, but not the humidity.
On our way to church (which is over 20 miles from our house), Rob (driver) looks at me and says, "Where is that feature on your car that tells me how many miles to empty?" I pull it up and instead of a number it just has four asterisks, which I think means "Lady, you are running on fumes. Get thyself to a gas station STAT." So we had to turn around and head back towards the house to fill up. Once we are all gassed up we leave our neck of the woods at 9:15 for a 9:30 service. We hit the last few chords of the last song, but made it before the sermon so we consider it a win.
After church we went to grab some Mexican food. Drew's new thing is gumming the tortilla chips, which he was doing a good job of until he started choking on one, so I stuck my finger in his mouth and caused him to throw up. Nothing like a little scene!
We came home and did something that hasn't happened since Drew joined our family- we ALL took at NAP at ONE TIME. I'm pretty sure that was God rewarding us for our perseverance with getting to church.
Then Vicki and Austin came over and Rob cooked short rib, mashed potatoes and creamed spinach. Drew gave me a card with our blog address on it and I found the precious letter he wrote to me (Rob swears all he did was spell check). But Drew also gave me one present all on his own.....
For about 2 months now he has been having teething symptoms and I would tell people "I think, perhaps, he is teething. Both Rob and I got teeth around 5 months, so...." And then nothing. And I said this more than once. I was totally losing credibility. So for Mother's Day Drew decided to work really hard and let that tooth go ahead and come through. So I was pretty excited about that, but that little bugger is SHARP.
Rob and Drew, thank you for all you did to make my Mother's Day special. I'm lucky to have you both.
10, 8, 6, 4
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment