I have no trouble saying I'm an "8-hour-a-night" kind of girl. I cherish the days where I can get in bed in the 9PM hour. I've gone through more sets of bedding in my 28 years than many people would go through in a lifetime. My bed is my refuge.
Except when it isn't.
Like now.
The going to sleep still isn't a problem. Oh, I can get in bed and fall asleep 5 minutes later watching a show. Rob has had to remove the glasses from my face on more than one occasion recently (and tell me about the end of "The Rachel Zoe Project.")
But then I wake up. Usually at midnight, 2:30, and somewhere between 4 and 5:15. If I'm lucky I pee and go back to sleep. If I'm unlucky I toss an turn and ultimately fall back asleep about 15 minutes before my next pee break, where I wake up again. This has lead to significantly less than than the necessary 8 hours of sleep a night. For too many nights in a row. And I don't expect it to change for, what, 6-8 months? If I'm lucky?
But I want to go on record that I think it is completely unfair that OB/GYNs limit your caffeine intake exactly at the time when it seems like the only way to make it through the day is with cups and cups of Starbucks. A coffee pot may be on my Christmas list this year.....
And then there are the dreams. Crazy, wild dreams. VIVID dreams. Last night I birthed a teddy bear with a pulse. The good news was it was an easy delivery. The bad news was it didn't phase me AT ALL that it was a teddy bear. I really should start journaling the dreams. Maybe there is deep hidden meaning in there somewhere. :)
10, 8, 6, 4
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment