(This post is not about bathrooms. At least I don't expect to talk about bathrooms when starting to write it. You're welcome).
Now that I'm officially to the point in pregnancy where an airline could require a doctors note to let me on the plane, my mind is responding by overwhelming desires to travel. Overseas. Karma, I tell you.
Rob and I were lucky enough to get to spend two glorious weeks in Europe in January. I tell you what, if you want to do London/Rome/Florence/Paris with 1/8th the normal amount of tourists, January is a great time to do it. It was cold to two people from Texas, but not even close to miserable. And I can't think of a single thing where we didn't just walk right in. For those of you who have tried to go to the Uffizi Gallery in Florence in the summer, its almost unheard of.
The deal was our "once in a lifetime trip," then we start trying for a bebe. Who knew that plan would work out so well? So TECHNICALLY Rob lived up to his end of the bargain, but that hasn't stopped me from wanting to go somewhere else.
So now I'm having "cravings" of particular locations. Today it was of the street/park right outside of Buckingham Palace. I was ready to BE there. Yesterday it was an adorable restaurant in Paris where we had dinner one night. A couple of weeks ago it was going back to Oxford.
I keep trying to eat my way out of these travel cravings-- mostly though Nutella, which I ate on everything for 2 weeks. Hot Belgian waffles? Check. Crepes? Check. Croissants? Check. It still tastes just as good, but isn't taking away the travel cravings.
I don't think our "once in a lifetime" trip can be so "once in a lifetime" after all. Hopefully Drew will love to travel!
10, 8, 6, 4
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment